Sunday 29 November 2009

Martin Margiela

I have recently come across designs of Maison Martin Margiela, and I have to admit, even though this collection doesn't involve any printed pattern, the simplicity of the garments works so well. The tunic dresses with high shoulders and figure hugging waist bands. The simple colour of the fabric adds to the impact of the designs making them more bold and defined. To me its the stiffness of the collection that draws you in, as though the fabric is wrapped around the models. Oh imagine how warm they would be in this weather! I also really like how definate the folds are to create irregular contours within the fabric, there must be a lot of starch in that fabric!
To say that I hadn't heard of Margiela before, I can say it now proudly that he creates dynamic designs and an overwhelming impact through his collections. I am certainly a follower.

No comments: